- April 11, 2019
- Posted by: Ave13co
- Category: Diet, Health Care, sticky
A Keto/ketogenic diet is a type of diet which is high in fat and has very low carbohydrates, and it has some similarities with low carb diet and alkins. The diet involves reduction of carbohydrates and replacing it with an increase in the consumption of fats . The reduction of carbohydrate intake enables your body system to be in a state known as ketosis.
When ketosis happens, the body’s ability to burn fats s as produce energy become inefficient hence the fat present in the liver is converted into ketone bodies which allow for the supply of energy to the head particularly the brain.
Keto diets are of vital health importance as it causes a massive reduction in the insulin levels and blood sugar levels. This along with the increment in the ketone bodies has a lot of health benefits. You can read the 14 days keto challenge review for more information on how to get started.
Types of Keto diets
Keto diets come in different types as named below:
- Standard ketogenic diet. It is a diet which has moderate proteins, high fat and very low carbohydrates in the following percentages respectively 20%, 75% and 5%.
- Cyclical Keto diet. It involves varying periods of reefed rich in carbohydrates mainly.
- High Proton Keto Diet. It is as similar as standard Keto diet only that it includes large amounts of proteins.
- Targeted Keto Diet. This type of Keto diet allows the consumer to add carbohydrates around the workouts.
Benefits of a Keto Diet
A Keto diet is helpful beneficial to the general health and wellbeing of a human being. Some of its benefits are as follows.
- It helps you in losing weight
The most effective way of losing your weight is by consuming a Keto diet. The diet is filling. Hence you don’t have to control on lost calories. With the implementation of physical activities and adding a Keto diet in your regimen then you ought to reduce your weight significantly.
- It helps in preventing the development of cardiovascular disease
As it is known that excessive consumption of fats is a risk factor for the arising of cardiovascular disease such as hypertension, diabetes which can lead to chronic heart disease. The diet is an excellent diet to consume as it considers the intake of liberal amounts of fats.
- It boosts Insulin Sensitivity
A Keto diet encourages the body’s sensitivity to insulin hence causing effective fat loss which in turn causes significant benefits to people who have diabetes type 2.
- It is a tool for treating neurological diseases as it is rich in the essential electrolytes which improves the nervous sysytem.
- It also helps in the management of cancer. It is a recommended diet by nutritionists and dietician as it helps in managing various types of cancers as well as aids in slowing down the growth of the tumor.
- It reduces symptoms of Alzheimer’s syndrome, epilepsy, and Parkinson’s disease.
- It is also helpful in the management of Brain injuries, acne, and polycystic ovary syndrome. This is due to its ability to boost insulin sensitivity by the body.